Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Spelling Bee

A few months ago our school had it's annual Spelling Bee. "Tonight is the Spelling Bee!" my mom told me. "YAY!" I shouted. Tonight there was going to be 600 spelling words! We arrived at my school and my mom and I reviewed my spelling words. Then we went inside. I had to go into a separate room with 6-10 people from each school. There were 3 different schools that came. We got different numbers and my number was 2. Then we went onto a stage and I was the first one to go up to the microphone and spell a word! I got the word right too! Then I went a couple of more times. Now it was down to 7 people and I was still playing! The other kids who were still in were 5th and 6th graders. i was the only 3rd grader left in the Spelling Bee! I was up next and the word was caboose. I said ,''Caboose ,K-A-B-O-O-S-E ,Caboose.'' DING! I got the word wrong. I felt kind of disappointed I was really sad. But after the Spelling Bee my mom took me out to Cold Stone and the ice cream was awesome!

1 comment:

Mamathom and Papathom said...

Will, that was awesome to be spelling with high up grades and doing so well. I would have been a nervous wreck and probably would have spelled wreck - reck. Love you.